Much like your windows, it’s not easy to know when your roof is due for a replacement. With so many other things that need your attention, you might not be able to dedicate a time for your roof upkeep. This can cause problems, which is why it’s important to watch out for common signs that your roof is due for replacement.
1. Light passing through the roof – Look up at the roof every now and then. If you notice a bit of light passing through in the upper rooms, there could be cracks and holes in your roof. Get in touch with a professional to inspect the area and fix the damage.
2. Siding damage – If your roof is having a hard time repelling water, the moisture can seep in and damage your siding and furnishings. Check the scope of the damage and ask your roofer about your options.
3. Loose roof tiles – During your yearly roof check-up, find out whether any of the roof tiles have come loose. Simply step on them to check their state. Seeing missing or loose tiles could mean that you are due for a complete re-roof.
4. Damaged flashing – The flashing acts as a barrier against leaks for objects that protrude from roofs, such as vents and chimneys. Damaged flashing could be the result of deterioration under the structure, signaling a much more extensive problem.
5. Sagging – A saddleback or sag in the middle of your roof could be a warning sign of structural damage. If not detected and treated early, this could cause your roof to collapse. Be sure to clear your roof of rainwater to prevent sagging.
Masters Roofing offers roof repair, replacement, and exterior painting service to keep your home in top shape. Call us today at (844) 400-4774 or fill out our online form to schedule an on-site visit. We serve clients in Memphis, TN, and surrounding areas.