Profile and thickness are not the only factors you’ll need to consider when picking a new asphalt shingle roof for your home. You have to decide which color will work best as well. But does it actually matter whether or not you choose a lighter or darker color for your new asphalt shingles? The trusted roofing contractor in the area, Masters Roofing, offers up a quick answer:
Yes, It Does Matter
You’ll need to consider your choice of shingle color carefully because it can significantly affect the overall look and feel of your home. Both light- and dark-colored shingles offer unique advantages that make them a worthy option. However, you have to make sure they’ll be a perfect match for your needs. For instance:
- Choose lighter asphalt shingles to make your one-story home appear bigger or taller.
- Go for darker shingles if you want your large home to look smaller and more charming.
- Pick lighter shingles for your roofing installation if you live in an area with a predominantly hot climate. That’s because a lighter color reflects solar heat more effectively, helping keep cooling costs down.
- Select a dark-colored shingle roof if you live in a colder region. Because a darker roof absorbs heat better, it helps keep your home naturally warmer and comfortable.
- If your home has a light exterior palette, choosing darker roof shingles can provide a lovely contrast. But if your home’s siding is on the darker side, the better idea would be to pick light-colored shingles.
Where Should You Go For High-Quality Asphalt Shingles?
That’s simple! Just turn to Masters Roofing. We are not only licensed, bonded, and insured, but also GAF Certified Master Elite® and Owens Corning® Platinum Preferred. These manufacturer certifications allow us to offer some of the most durable and versatile asphalt shingle roofing systems available in today’s market. Give us a call and we’ll help you explore your shingle color options and decide on the one that fits your needs best.
Call Us Today
You know that you can always count on Masters Roofing to deliver the highest quality residential roof replacement services. After all, ensuring your complete satisfaction is one of our top priorities. Get started on your roofing project today by calling us at (901) 871-7663 or filling out this contact form. We proudly serve the areas in and around Bartlett and Memphis, TN.